This simple beaded bracelet, based on garter stitch (knit every row), is quick and easy to work up, and an excellent introduction to knitting with beads. The beads added on every row give a three-dimensional quality to the piece.
- Cast on
- Cast off (bind off)
- Place a bead between knit stitches (instructions included in pattern)
- 1 x 10g (82m / 91 yds) ball Anchor Pearl Cotton No. 8 (also called Coton PerlÃ©) in brown (One 10g ball will make several bracelets)
- 660 (approx. 8g) x size 11 seed beads in gold
- Two 1.25mm (US Size 0000) knitting needles
- A 1.25mm crochet hook (the size of crochet hook isnâ€™t critical, although it is handy if it is a similar size to your knitting needles)
- One small button
- 1 beading needle and length of sewing thread to aid threading of beads
Any other crochet cotton of a similar thickness would be appropriate. A non-stretchy yarn works best for this design since otherwise the weight of the beads would distort the bracelet.
The finished bracelet measures 18cm long, not including the button or loop, and is 2cm wide at the widest point.
Approximately 7 stitches and 10 rows to 1cm in garter stitch (knit every row) using 1.25mm needles.
The tension (gauge) for this pattern is not critical since plain knit rows can easily be added in. Add more rows immediately after the cast on before the pattern begins, and add a similar number of rows immediately before the cast off. If the bracelet is coming out too long, simply omit 2 rows (or 4 if it is going to be really long) from each section of the pattern.
This pattern is sold as an electronic file in PDF format. File size is 232 KB. The pattern has 4 pages. Once payment is received a link to a personalised website will be emailed to you for you to download your copy of the pattern. Please note this link will expire.
All rights reserved. This pattern is for personal use only. This pattern, items made from this pattern or any portion of pattern or item may not be resold, or otherwise used for profit without express permission from the designer. This pattern may also not be distributed for free by any individual or shop without permission.